To make your (and my) intermediate Chinese listening experience the best, I try to include relatively short exerpts from materials that I find particularly accessible, usually because of the manageable range of vocabulary.
I also gravitate towards topics that I find interesting, either because of the topic itself, or because of the cultural views that are revealed (perhaps inadvertently) in the content.
You should find that most of the audio is of very good quality, in order to create a pleasurable Chinese listening experience..
- Someone Who Understands You - 1level 3'To have a friend who truly understands you is one of life's greatest joys.'
- Someone Who Understands You - 2level 3'When you are feeling down, he will use humor to cheer you up.'
- Someone Who Understands You - 3level 3'It's not easy to meet someone who truly gets you. This requires fate.'
- Independent Woman - Introlevel 3'Don't go sacrificing your career for some guy.'
- Independent Woman - 1level 3'Only when you get your own thing together is a good man going to love you.'
- Independent Woman - 2level 3'Your work may not make your heart race like love does, but it will put a roof over your head.'
- Independent Woman - 3level 3'If you want to stand out, you have to 'charge your batteries'
- Independent Woman - 4level 3'Dress in clothes that match well and give a cheerful impression'
- Independent Woman - 5level 3'As long as your principles aren't being violated, show tolerance to others.'
- Friends for personal gain - 1level 5Is it coming back in style to do things out of a desire for personal gain as opposed to acting selflessly?
- Friends for personal gain - 2level 4"As for those people whose relationship is based on business, once the business is gone, then the person drops out of sight."
- Friends for personal gain - 3level 4"The tie that binds friends of a spiritual nature is stronger than that which binds those who share only economic interests."
- Standing in another's shoes - 1level 4“then you'd be able to communicate on the same wavelength."
- Sophisticated Woman - 1level 4"Sophistication is the highest state of cultivation for a woman."
- Sophisticated Woman - 2level 5"It's about a certain attitude towards life."
- Sophisticated Woman - 3level 5"It's all in the details."
- Sophisticated Woman - 4level 4"It's ok if you don't understand soccer, but it's not ok to just stare at the cute guys on the field."
- Sophisticated Woman - 5level 4"Work hard to earn money, but don't be a slave to money."
- Sophisticated Woman - 6level 4"True, your work may not make your heart race like love does, nevertheless..."
- Sophisticated Woman - 7level 4"different ages have different kinds of charm."
- Thin Is Betterlevel 3'Nowadays, people will say that someone who is a little fat has good fortune. But the truth is...'